Home energy score, one of the parameters to measure the energy use of a house, determines the energy efficiency of a home, and it depends on the structure, heat exchange, and hot water systems utilized in the house. Investing in energy efficiency can help you achieve higher energy score; the various benefits one attains are energy and money saving with durable and comfortable ambiance.
Variables that affect the energy use in a house:
An existing home requires an energy audit to derive effective means to alleviate the energy consumption. Designing a new building or reconstructing the current structure extensively to optimize the energy efficiency requires entire-house assessment. A builder should ensure taking all the variables like site conditions, climate, and other details into consideration. It further covers:
1. Home appliances and electronics
2. House insulation
3. Sun-exposed area
4. Number of windows and doors
Features of Energy Efficient Homes:
1. Cool Roofs: Roofs are made of highly reflective materials to build house energy efficient. This property of reflecting the light helps in absorbing less heat and kicking away the extra to retain the internal cooling of the house. Cool roofs help a home remain cool during the scorching heat of the summer. You can ask nearby Elsternwick builder to add such features to your home.
2. Ultra-advanced House Framing: Installing advanced house framing in a house reduces the use of lumber. It thus enhances the energy efficiency in a wood-constructed house. It not only lowers the material costs but also encourages the environmental stability by cutting less number of trees for lumber.
3. Passive Solar Home Design: Such designs leverage the climatic and site conditions to make houses cold in summer and hot in winter. A southern oriented house with well-placed windows can help you reduce heating requirements by 25% without any cost.
The strategic planning before designing a new home or remodeling the existing one can help you alleviate the further expenses spent on energy saving. Professional Elsternwick builder expertizes in constructing or renovating a house that is most suited to bring renewable energy systems in use.
Such features that separate a modern house from the long queue of the conventional home can be challenging task to accomplish. Elsternwick builder helps you build the desired house type at a very competitive price.